Are you still filing away your documents in a cabinet, drawer, or off-site storage facility? If you answered yes, then this post is for you!
There are many reasons why you should be scanning your documents to electronic form. Here are five good reasons:
1. Fast Search and Retrieval – Being able to look up a document in a matter of seconds saves time and frustration. If you work in an accounts payable or receivable department, medical record office, or pretty much in any office, then you should be able to relate to this one!
2. Increased Security – There’s no threat of paper documents getting destroyed or lost if they’re in electronic form, residing inside of a document management system. Fire, flood, and theft won’t reach them in there! You never have to worry about paper degradation again or having the dreadful task of trying to recreate a document.
3. Save Space – No more paper means no more filing cabinets and the like, taking up precious, and much needed, office space. Just think what you could do with all that extra space!
4. Increase Customer Satisfaction – Faster response times equal happier customers. When you’re able to access a document in seconds, whether it be a medical record, a vendor slip, or an employee request, then that customer, vendor, or employee doesn’t have to wait long to get a response from you and that equals a happy customer.
5. Save Money – The best reason of all, and why we saved it for last! – By accomplishing all of the above, you’re almost guaranteed to save money! When you increase production and cut down on costs, you save money. When you increase security and reduce risks, you have the opportunity to save money. When you cut down on storage costs and free up office space for more value-generated activities, you save money. When you increase customer satisfaction, you save money! There’s definitely a pattern here…
These are just some of the reasons why you should be going paperless in your office. Did we mention you can save money?
Do you have any other reasons to go paperless? Leave them in the comment box to share your thoughts.